Dear valued guests,
Sense hotel Sofia started taking precautionary measures as of December 2019 after the first news about Covid-19 were revealed in order to prevent the spread of the virus. As of this moment on we decided to disinfect even more precisely our hotel on a daily basis and follow strict cleaning procedures to protect our guests and employees. In the middle of March we closed unaffected from the virus and now we re-opened again, delighted to welcome you back in our elegant and implacably cleaned rooms and outlets.
We, at Sense hotel, know that your comfort at the moment is not possible if your health is not protected at the highest level.
During this unprecedented situation our attention to hygiene is our utmost priority in order to keep our guests, employees and families safe and healthy. We follow the local health authority and World Health Organization’s recommendations, and our specially created procedures to prevent the spread of the virus are based on them.
Our team takes standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and we have ensured additional steps to maintain the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our hotel is working to ensure that the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning have been met. Our hotel’ s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps Sense Hotel Sofia has applied include, but are not limited too:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Physical temperature checks are carried out and recorded for the employees at the beginning of every working shift.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, all hotel associates with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Public Area Department, Front Office, Bell Service and Maintenance are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training. This is under strict supervision by the management team.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses provided by the prominent suppliers, including:
- Guest Rooms: Hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring. The frequency of room cleaning during a guest’s stay is based on guest requirements and is not performed while the guest is inside the room. The reason is to avoid direct human contact.
- Public Spaces: Hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, stair handrails, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks and all seating areas.
- Physical distance is required to be maintained as per the law recommendations at all public spaces and communal areas at 2 meters.
- Parking service: Self-parking option is highly recommended. If valet service is requested by a guest, it will be provided only if the vehicle is disinfected on all contact points.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes” Sense Hotel is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, and staff offices.
- Delivery of products: All goods are disinfected prior entering the hotel and once again before delivered to the guest. The vendors we work with follow all the Government restrictions.
- Antibacterial hand disinfectant with a minimum 70% alcohol is available to you in the public places, where you would need it.
- Food & Beverage service: our hotel makes daily adjustments to control service complying with the local health authority recommendations and those of the World Health Organization. We try to minimize the interaction between guest and employee as much as possible. Traditional room service is replaced with no—contact delivery method. Traditional breakfast buffet service is customized in accordance to local legislation requirements. It is served by an attendant wearing personal protection equipment, which is changed frequently. Minimal items are placed on guest tables, only which allows to be effectively disinfected.
We remain committed to offering all our guests a pleasant and secure stay at Sense Hotel Sofia. Our team is working hard to deliver the world class level of service while your safety remains our utmost priority.